Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fort Myers Beach Field Trip

 
The Fort Myers Beach field trip was one of my favorite field trips.  Partially because it had been almost a year since I had been to the beach before that trip, and also because I was able to see a part of Estero Island that I have never seen.  This field trip contained a few firsts for me.  Usually when I go to the beach I go with friends and play games on the beach.  However, this time I saw the bay side of the island, and learned a lot about the history of the island.  I really enjoyed learning about the Estero Island being a barrier island and the way it has been shaped over the years from hurricanes.  This field trip is when I learned how the Miami Hurricanes got their name.  This field trip is also where I tried sea grape jelly for the first time.  It was honestly some of the best jelly I have ever had!  The history of the island was fascinating and it seems like a very cool place to live.  However, I wouldn't want to live there without any mosquito repellent!  I have no idea how she managed to survive that.  But I think the coolest part about the trip was seeing the dolphins.  That was the first time I have ever seen a dolphin in real life and it was an awesome experience!  The bay was beautiful alone but when the dolphins swam by it was even more beautiful.  There were several large schools of fish in front of us and I was hoping more dolphins were going to stop by.  The video above is a small clip of a video I took when the dolphin was swimming by.  Any field trip when you get to see a dolphin is a great field trip!  And that is why this was my favorite field trip we went on.

Word Count: 316

No comments:

Post a Comment